1. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity of the individual has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you that we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, employer and your organization.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services or products you purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug‐in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the Devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses, your username and password for your account, your customer number if you have an account with us, your US Department of Transportation Number, your FMCSA Operating Authority Number, and additional account profile information, such as preferred language.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site, products and services. We collect this data by using tracking technologies such as Cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons. Tracking technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Information that will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
2. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- fill out an order request or form;
- enroll in our services;
- create an account on our Site;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- fill out a carrier application;
- fill out an owner/operator application;
- fill out an employment application;
- give us feedback; or
- otherwise volunteer information to us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Information by using cookies, tracking technologies and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect directly from you on our Site with outside records from third parties. We also receive Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
- Third‐Party Links. The Site may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your device identifier when pages from the Site are served to you. In addition, when you are on the Site you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. For example, if you
“click” on a link, the “click” may take you off the Site onto a different site. These other sites may associate their tracking technologies with you, independently collect data about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. Third‐party applications may also be available via the Site. The owners of these applications may collect Personal Information and other data from you and may have their own policies and practices. We are not responsible for how third‐party or their applications collect or use your information and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. These third‐party owners may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third‐party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications.
It is important that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Information changes during your relationship with us. The Service will allow you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Services’ forms or otherwise, and you may provide updates and changes by contacting us using the Contact us section. European residents should also read our EU Legal Rights section below.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information when the law permits such use. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Our legitimate interests include:
- To provide you with information or services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- To enable you to participate in our Services;
o To process your registration with any of the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- To improve the Services or create new service offerings, to customize your experience on any of the Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
- To contact you with regard to your use of any use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to any of the Services and/or any of the Services’ policies;
- For internal business purposes such as complying with our internal policies;
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have obtained your consent.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than in certain instances.
We may process your Personal Information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you provided us with your details when you registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also use your Personal Information for fundraising and to engage in outreach for RJW updates.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for third party marketing purposes unless we have given you the choice to consent. If you are an EU resident, we will get your express opt‐in consent before we share your Personal Information with any company outside RJW for marketing purposes.
You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails or by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Information provided to us as a result of a service purchase, service experience or other transactions.
A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to visit the Site. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug‐in that may be built‐in to or download by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage.
We may use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site.
Click here for details about the individual cookies we use, if any, and the purposes for which we use them. For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug‐ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
ETag, or Entity Tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
Tracking Technologies Usage.
We may use tracking technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
We will not use your previously collected Personal Information in a manner materially different than represented at the time it was collected without your consent or explaining our legal basis for doing so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have to share your Personal Information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out below. We require third parties to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- External Third Parties:
- You may be presented with an option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third‐party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
- We may use third‐party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Service, such as, administrative services, to facilitate our Site and Services; to perform related services, including without limitation, maintenance services, database management, fulfillment, web analytics, and improvement of the features or functionality; or to assist us in analyzing how the Site and Services are being used, analytics, and enabling us to send you special offers or event information. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including device identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. We require third parties to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. Third‐party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information, potentially including Personal Information, about you.
- When we are required to do so by law.
- Internal Third Parties. We may share your information within the RJW Logistics family of related entities.
- Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
The above does not affect your legal rights under the relevant data protection legislation of your country.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may share your Personal Information within RJW. RJW is located in the United States. For our EU customers, this may involve transferring your data outside of the EEA. The data protection laws may be different from those of the country in which you are located.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place reasonable security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We may from time to time elect to share certain information about you collected by us on the Service with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, although we do not currently do so. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2017 will receive information about 2016 sharing activities) OR to request to opt‐out of such future sharing. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing by Contacting us.
Our Site does not accept or process such Do Not Track signals or similar mechanisms. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information. You have the right to:
If you are located in the EU, you have the right to opt‐in to the collection, tracking and use of your Personal Information. We will not collect Personal Information from you unless you affirmatively accept our data practices as described in this privacy statement.
You have the right to request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
You also have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing
You may object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing
This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of Personal Information to you or a third party
We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine‐readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This Site is not directed to children and does not provide services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 18 years of age.
10. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
11. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any EEA member requests to exercise your applicable legal rights, please Contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: RJW Logistics Group
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
11240 Katherine’s Crossing
Suite 400, Woodridge, IL 60517
If you are based in the EU, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority for your member state. The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection issues is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your supervisory authority so please Contact us in the first instance.