Retail Consolidation—Cut Costs While you Grow Relationships
For mid-sized packaged goods companies, RJW Retail Logistics offers industry-leading retail consolidation programs for shipping to large national and regional retailers.
What is Retail Consolidation?
In a consolidation program, shippers (our customers) leverage our economies of scale and specialized retail logistics expertise to substantially improve their ability to profitably fulfill retailer orders On-Time and In-Full. As RJW’s customers receive orders from a retailer, those orders are combined and consolidated by RJW with orders of other RJW customers into a single full truckload destined to the same retailer distribution center.
RJW’s years of retail logistics expertise have allowed it to develop a suite of unique services and IT systems specifically for its retail consolidation programs, including:
- Industry-leading supply chain performance scores based on unique Multi-Day Review operational processes and related IT systems
- Real-time reporting of inventory levels in RJW’s consolidation centers, offering customer access via proprietary systems with accuracy ensured by our unique inventory countback process
- Consolidation leverages efficiencies of RJW’s unique one inventory location strategy
- For certain retailers, we offer the industry’s only budget friendly single-case pricing methodology, providing one price per case for shipments to the retailer’s distribution network no matter their locations throughout the U.S.
- In many cases, RJW can provide fixed pricing for an entire year
- Signed and stamped proof-of-delivery (POD) documents, electronically imaged and available shortly after delivery to the retailer distribution center, dramatically reducing retailer shortage claims
- Proprietary Retail Analytics Solutions (RAS) technology to track purchase orders, deliveries and other supply chain information
- Dedicated RJW Resolution Team helping customers resolve claims from retailers for various supply chain charges
- Reconfiguration and repacking of your products, if needed, to meet unique retailer packaging requirements
- Point-of-Sale (POS) display and other merchandiser assembly distribution services
- Unique reporting, analytics and information services specifically designed to assist suppliers to retailers with insights into their supply chain
- Other value-added services, including labeling and relabeling, barcoding, ink jetting, kitting, product assembly and much more
Asset-Owned For Better Results
RJW guarantees high levels of performance and accountability through direct ownership of a large trucking fleet that ensures availability of timely trucking capacity and through direct operation of its warehouse consolidation centers.
Retailers in our Consolidation Programs
RJW has established retail consolidation pools with:
- Sam’s Club
- Walmart Inc.
RJW has developed internal consolidation programs and/or volume pricing discounts for:
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Rite Aid